ECE-R 22/05 homologation is an approval system - with associated conditions - for protective helmets and visors for drivers of motorcycles and mopeds, and their passengers.
The so-called ECE regulations of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe are the basis of the ECE-R 22/05 standards.
Important tests to comply with the ECE-R 22/05 as a helmet are, among other things:
- shock absorption
- dynamic assessment of the wearing facility
- field of vision inspection
- shape retention
- Seat inspection (stretching test)
- inspection of the chin strap and buckle
- external deformation test
- test of the frictional behaviour of the outer shell
- visor inspection (mechanical and optical properties)
- chin guard, chin section damping test