The ABUS Detecto X-Plus 8088 is an electronic disc brake lock combined with a 3D detection alarm. As soon as the motorbike is moved, a 100 dB alarm goes off. It is activated as soon as the lock is pressed on the brake disc for 4 seconds during application. There are several acoustic signals for battery status, activation and the alarm itself.
This lock is equipped with the famous ABUS X-Plus cylinder and received Security Level 18, which means it offers very good protection in high theft risk situations. For optimal theft protection, secure your precious bike to a fixed object such as a streetlamp post with the optional chain.
This compact lock easily fits in a small tank bag or under most saddles. It comes with a transport bag and two keys. The CR2 battery is included, so you can use the lock immediately. A Memory Cable, which reminds you to remove the disc brake lock, is not included. The lock sounds a warning when the bike is removed from the side stand.
Want to know if this disc brake lock fits your motorcycle? You can! Click on the 'Will this lock fit your bike' button, download the template, cut it out and follow the instructions. That way you immediately know if it fits. Helpfull, right?
- 16 mm locking pin
- Very easy to use. The alarm is activated when the lock is pressed on the brake disk for 4 seconds during application
- Locking pin, lock body and the internal elements of the locking mechanism are made of specially hardened steel
- 3D-detection alarm: every movement of the motorcycle is detected
- Alarm signal of over a 100 dB
- Lock can be carried closed without setting off the alarm
- Different acoustic signals for battery status, activation and alarm
- ABUS X-Plus cylinder for optimal protection against manipulation, like lockpicking
- Comes with ABUS Code Card for additional or replacement key
- Included in the package are two keys, one of which has an LED light, and a handy transport bag
- CR2 battery supplied
- This lock can be ordered as a keyed alike lock, so you can operate several locks with one key
RAD tip: make a habit of always mounting your disc brake lock on the front wheel disc brake. That's where the potential thief will see it, using the deterrent effect of the lock. It's also where you're most likely to notice it yourself.
You wouldn't be the first to crash a bike after forgetting you used a brake disc lock.