At least 2/3 of this large Trekker Outback EVO’s name is very well-known and needs little introduction. Side and top cases, Monokey, world travellers or robust commuters, sturdy fellows, in different sizes and equipped with all the necessities to tour around comfortably.
All the necessities? Well, increasingly so. Always more advanced and goal-oriented. Hence the ‘EVO’ in the name. The Outback was already pretty good and versatile – now it comes with even more possibilities. Functionality and the all-round quality has been maintained and at a very high level, with details adding to that extra layer.
This article is specifically about the top case with a 58-litre capacity. There’s a black aluminium version as well as the option for the traditional, clean aluminium look. The Trekker Outback range consists of a number of formats of top and side cases to assemble your set to your liking.
What changed – hence, what has evolved? The four tension strap holders on top of the cases have become more refined, thanks to an improved version of the plastic element that was introduced earlier (the 2018 update). The GIVI print in relief on the sides of the cases looks a little different and more modern as well. The handles are wider to be comfortable even with motorcycle gloves on. The hinge is a very nice update because you are now able to adjust the opening/closing resistance in function of what you prefer: the lid will stay open no matter what, should you want it to.
The GIVI Trekker Outback EVO side case is part of the Monokey® series and can only be used as a top case. The 58 litres storage capacity are more enough to store 2 modular helmets. Thanks to a mounted handle (with more room in this EVO version) on each side, you can effortlessly carry these cases to and from your motorcycle.
There are a number of optional accessories for this case:
- Inner bag: due to its complex construction, an Outback case is not 100% waterproof. The waterproof inner bag T512 is. An inner bag provides added comfort. If you check into a hotel, you don’t need to take the entire case with you. You simply take out the inner bag (with its contents) and you’re ready to go… If you do prefer to take your case with you, then the foldable trolley might be a convenient accessory.
- Backrest: your passenger will certainly prefer the soft backrest over the hard case.
- Stainless steel thermal bottle: real adventurers get thirsty too sometimes. With the E199 holder you can attach up to two thermal stainless steel bottles to the side of this Outback top case.
- Safety lock: this case is standard equipped with a safety lock. Multiple cases? Simply replace all the locks on these cases and use one single key to operate them all.
- Luggage net: make use of the space inside the lid of this top case. Fit it with a E161 luggage net to store all your smaller belongings. Then, on top of this case, you can easily fit the T10N luggage net.
- A set of additional tension straps S351 or S350 is indispensable to be able to attach an extra soft cargo bag on top of the case, like the GRT724, GRT714B or T520.
- Mount one of the semi-rigid bags XL01, XL02 and XL03 on top of your case to easily and stylishly expand the capacity of your top case.
- Trolley: avec le trolley E206, votre valise Maxia 5 peut être déplacée en un clin d'oeil.
- A backpack: T521 with a 15-litre capacity that can be stored in the top part of the case.
- Handle: This E185 handle turns your top case into an easily transportable unit.
Maintenance tips: because this case is made of untreated aluminium, it requires a little more maintenance than a plastic one. To clean these cases, we recommend S100 Moto Wash. NEVER use cleaning products that contain acidic or other corrosive agents. Those products produce dark stains that are very hard to remove afterwards.
Waterproofness: the side cases and top cases by GIVI are not waterproof. They have been awarded an IPX4 rating. Having the right expectations, helps prevent disappointments.