The GIVI Alaska side cases already existed but now there’s this impressive Alaska top case (ALA56). Its large size and aluminium look turn this into a multipurpose case. You can easily fit two helmets and there’s no point in discussing the price to quality ratio.
The 56 refers to its volume: 56 litres, if you please. That’s like loading a small sea chest to the back of your bike. It signifies a more than sizeable expansion of your storage capacities. You can store up to 10 kilograms in here, under all circumstances.
This top case is a Monokey® top case with natural aluminium look. Like every Monokey® side case set, one set of keys takes care of everything: open, close, fasten or release, left and right. Fit your side cases and top case with one and the same key and you don’t need to worry about a thing.
Every Alaska top case is Made in Italy, out of high-quality aluminium. Not much more than that, either: function over aesthetics is their motto. No frills but pure essence wrapped in a solid package. There are, however, a number of noteworthy extras.
Fixing the top case is a matter of clicking it onto the top case plate. To every Monokey® top case plate, except the ones with brake light kit. There are no additional actions needed: ‘hitched’ is the natural state for a top case. Unhitching it from the top case plate is a simple twist of the external button under the lock. You release the ALA56 through a cable system (patented WIRELEASE® SYSTEM).
The four integrated belt loops on the lid stand out. They allow you to fasten even more luggage on top of the Alaska Trekker and they appear to have been designed on the same drawing board as the two handles on the back. These have been integrated in the hinges which means that the lid can fall open wider without using cables. Once open, the ALA56 stays open: it doesn’t close on its own which makes packing and unpacking a whole lot easier.
It is relatively easy to mount an optional back support (without drilling or gluing).
Inside the Alaska Trekker 56 top case, an assortment of integrated hooks offers a large number of possibilities to optimise the internal organisation through nets and webs. The solid rivets and quality sealings guarantee that the ALA56 is waterproof.
There is a number of optional accessories for this top case that can turn it into a true world traveller, commuter or simply a very enthusiastic travel companion and all-rounder.
There are a number of optional accessories for this case:
- Inner bag: Due to its complex construction, an Outback suitcase is not guaranteed to be waterproof. The T512 waterproof inner bag is. An inner bag also provides increased comfort. If you want to check in at a hotel, you don't have to take the entire case to the room. Simply remove the inner bag (with everything inside) from your case and you're ready to go...
- Back support: your passenger will certainly prefer the soft back support E208S to the hard case.
- Thermic stainless steel drinking bottle: real adventurers are sometimes thirsty. With the E199 holder you attach to the side of this Outback topcase up to two thermal stainless steel drinking bottles.
- Security lock: This case is already equipped with a security lock as standard. Got multiple cases? Replace all the locks on all the cases and lock them all with the same key.
- Luggage net: Use the space inside the lid to your advantage. Install a luggage net E161 and store lots of small items in it. On top of this case, the luggage net T10N can easily be attached.
- Lining: This soft neoprene E201 lining will keep your luggage and the inside of your cases looking fresh for longer.
- Interior light: nothing more convenient than this E198 rechargeable interior light. It automatically illuminates your top case after you open it in the dark.
Maintenance tips: because this case is made of untreated aluminum, it requires a little more maintenance than a case made of plastic. For cleaning these cases we recommend S100 total cleaner. NEVER use maintenance products that contain acids or other acidic agents. Such products cause dark stains which are very difficult to remove afterwards.