Standing still is going backwards and especially on a motorcycle, 'forward' is still the best option. Givi knows that too, so they gave (in 2018) all Outback cases an update. For the time being, the most recent updates don't affect functionality and quality: Outback cases are and will remain top notch.
For a moment we thought about organizing a game of 'find the two differences', but for practical reasons we'll leave it as it is. What is different? The four tension strap holders on top of the cases have become more refined, thanks to a plastic element, and the Givi print on the sides of the cases looks slightly different. That's all there is to it.
And to be clear: on this page you are looking at the most recent Outbacks. With the above mentioned changes.
Many (and also these) GIVI pannier sets come with an extra (third) lock. When you install that in your (existing) top case, you have a complete case set that can be operated with one single key. Easy and practical.
The GIVI Trekker Outback side case is part of the Monokey series and is only suitable as a side case. This is a package of two cases, to be mounted as side cases left and right. Both cases are made of untreated aluminum. The Trekker Outbacks are compact and convenient aluminum cases that fit perfectly into today's trend of adventure-looking motorcycles. Accessible from above, highly shock resistant and also powerful and robust in appearance. Sturdy yet elegant and practical, they offer a range of accessory options and attachment points (strap holders) to allow extra luggage to be carried on top of the case. The Outback range comprises a number of different top and pannier sizes, allowing you to create your own set. Interesting for asymmetrically built motorcycles: by mounting the 37 on the side with the exhaust and the 48 on the side without the exhaust, the problem of asymmetry is often solved. Please note: this package consists of two 37 litre cases. By default, each 1.5 mm thick aluminium case opens at the top. When these panniers are used in combination with a (large) top case, there is a chance that the lids cannot be opened completely vertically. In order to make the side case accessible, the Outbacks are equipped with a special hinge system that allows the lid to be lifted completely. Each case is equipped with a security lock and is splashproof. The Trekker Outbacks are quickly and easily clicked and locked onto a specially designed mounting kit for your motorcycle. The mounting can only be done with a PL-CAM rack. These racks are heavier than regular PL racks, and feature the Cam-Side mounting system. You can find them here
With a single key you operate a locking mechanism that both closes and locks the cases on the side pannier holder. A carrying handle on each side makes it easy to carry the cases to and from your bike. With a capacity of 37 litres (twice), these are narrow and elegant cases, which nevertheless store a lot. A helmet won't fit, but you're best off putting it on your head for the adventurous rides this case cries out for. Who wants larger side cases, better aim for the Trekker Outback 48.
This case has a series of optional accessories:
- Inner bag: due to its complex construction, the Outback case is not guaranteed to be waterproof. The T506 waterproof inner bag is. An inner bag also ensures greater comfort. If you want to check in at a hotel, you don't have to take the entire case to the room. Just take out the inner bag (with everything inside) and you're ready to go...
- Stainless steel thermal drinks bottle: real adventurers are sometimes thirsty too. With the holder E162 you can attach up to two thermal drinking bottles to the side of this Outback top case .
- Security lock: This case is already equipped with a security lock as standard. Got multiple cases? Replace all the locks on all the cases and lock them all with the same key.
- Reflective stickers: to make you more visible in the dark, a set of E145 reflective stickers is available. In vertical position, they fit perfectly on the flattened corners of these cases.
- Cargo bag: on top of this Outback Trekker, an additional cargo bag GRT714B or EA120 can be mounted with a set of tension straps S351. Besides the GRT714B, there's another kart bag available: the XL01.
- Plastic Jerrycan: a water, oil or petrol supply of 2.5l can be carried in the GIVI Jerrycan. With the E148 holder in stainless steel, the Jerry can is easily attached to this Trekker side case.
- Luggage nets: use the space that the trunk lid has to offer inside. Mount a luggage net E144 in it and store many small items. On top of this case, the luggage net T10Z can be easily attached.
- A backpack: T521 with a capacity of 15 litres that can be stored in the upper tray of the case.
- Interior lining: This E203 lining in soft neoprene will keep your luggage and the inside of your cases looking fresh for longer.
Because this case is made of untreated aluminum, it needs a little more maintenance than a case made of plastic. For cleaning these cases we recommend S100 Moto Wash. NEVER use maintenance products that contain acids or other corrosive substances. Such products cause dark stains which are very difficult to remove afterwards.
Watertightness: the GIVI side cases and top cases are not waterproof. They were awarded an IPX4 rating. Having the right expectations always helps prevent disappointment.